Ask a Question

This form is to help navigate through the four divisions, Tax, Motor Vehicle, Specialized Business Group (formally known as Enforcement) and Lottery. Use this form to ask general questions only

Complete a help form for help with your specific situation or account.  

The most asked Taxation Division questions are:  

Q. What is Colorado Cash Back (TABOR refund)?
A. Visit the Are you ready to claim your Colorado Cash Back rebate? page for the answers to frequently asked questions about this rebate.

Q. What is the Retail Delivery Fee?
A. Visit the Retail Delivery Fee page for information about this fee and and answers to frequently asked questions.

Q. How do I apply or close a wage withholding or sales tax license?
A. Visit the Businesses page and select the tax type for instructions and helpful videos. 

Q. Why did I get a letter from the Tax Division.  
A. Visit the Did You Receive a Letter from Us? page for information on the type of letters sent to taxpayers.  

Q. Where's my refund?  
A. Visit the Where's My Refund page for information.  

Q. How do I get a payment plan?
A. Visit the Payment Plan page for instructions.

Visit the Tax Navigator Page for more information for taxpayers.  


The most asked Division of Motor Vehicles questions are: 

Q. How do I replace my lost/damaged/stolen license or ID. 
A. Visit the Replace Lost or Stolen Driver License/ID page for information on replacing your Colorado credential. 

Q. I am new to Colorado.  How do I apply for a driver license/ID and register my car. 
A. Visit the New to Colorado page for information for New Colorado residents. 
Q. How do I pay the citation?
A. Visit the DMV's Tickets and Penalty Assessments web page for information. 

Q. Where is my license/permit/ID?
A. Visit the myDMV app to check on the status of your credential.  Click on the Where's my Driver License/ID link under Quick Start.  

Q. What is my SVID?
A. SVID stands for Secure and Verifiable Identification Document.  An example is a driver license or ID.  View DR 2841 for other options. 

Q. How do I request or renew a persons with disabilities placard?
A. You may be eligible to request the placard online at myDMV under the Vehicle Services tab.  If you are unable to request this online, contact your county motor vehicle office for other options such as mailing the application. 


Status message

Do not give any personal information on this form.  Use this form to ask general questions only. 

Which Division?
For help with your specific situation or personal record complete the help form that best relates to your question.