About the Reports
Every other year, the Colorado Department of Revenue prepares a Tax Profile and Expenditure Report for the state as required by §39-21-303, C.R.S. Reports are prepared in even years and published in January of odd years.
The Tax Profile and Expenditure Report includes three sections:
- Tax Expenditure Study: Describes tax expenditures administered by the Department and estimates their revenue impacts
- Colorado Tax Profile Study: Discusses Colorado's overall tax structure and distribution of tax burden across income groups
- Statistics of Income Reports: Tabulate Colorado individual and corporate income tax return data by income tax year and size of income
- This supplement was created in response to a legislative request for more detailed income tax expenditure data.
- Income tax expenditures are separated by tax type (Individual, Fiduciary, Partnership, and Corporation).
- Revenue impact estimates of corporate income tax deductions are apportioned to represent Colorado income.