The Colorado Department of Revenue (CDOR) believes that through social media it can add value by helping people improve knowledge and skills, build their businesses, do their jobs, solve problems, and understand the CDOR and its mission better.
Content posted on any CDOR social media page is intended to provide general information concerning a variety of Colorado tax and other topics in simple and straightforward language, and may not apply to the facts and circumstances of a particular situation. While we hope the information provided is useful, posts and comments by the CDOR or its authorized users are not intended, and may not be relied upon, as legal, tax or financial advice. In addition, please note that comments expressed on CDOR's social media pages do not reflect the opinions and position of the CDOR, are not binding on the CDOR, and do not replace, alter, or supersede Colorado law or regulations. The Executive Director, who by statute is the only person having the authority to bind the CDOR, has not formally reviewed and/or approved any content or postings.
We welcome your comments, questions and concerns on CDOR's social media pages. By posting to CDOR's social media pages, you acknowledge that you, and not the CDOR, are responsible for any and all content that you post, including any content that may be posted in violation of the CDOR's policies or this disclaimer.
Please keep in mind that the Department's social media pages are publicly accessible. Accordingly, please do not include any confidential information or personally identifiable information, such as social security numbers, dates of birth, driver license or identification card numbers, addresses, etc., in your comments. Posting such information is at your own risk. The CDOR is not responsible for any compromise of confidential or personal information resulting from posting such information in comments or submissions on its social media pages.
The CDOR social media pages are intended to be limited to the discussion of matters related to the CDOR and its mission. While we encourage you to submit your comments, questions, and concerns, the Department reserves the right, but is not obligated, to delete any and all comments and other submissions, without notice, including but not limited to comments and submissions that contain:
- Confidential tax, financial or other information
- Personally identifiable information
- Content that is off topic from the related post
- Comments about another government agency
- Obscenity, profanity, or vulgar language
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Comments that promote discrimination
- Spam or links to other non-Department sites
- Advocacy for illegal activity
- Infringement on copyrights or trademarks or other intellectual property
- Promotion for particular services, products, websites or other social media sites
- Political campaign-related content
- Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations